REIKI LEVEL I – SHODEN
8-hour certification training in traditional Japanese Reiki: “Usui Reiki Ryoho”
Class Dates: Fridays May 7, 14, 21, and 28 at the JCC from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Participants need to attend all sessions to certify.
About this class:
Reiki is a Japanese healing method that promotes overall balance, well-being and personal development. Developed in Japan in the 1920’s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different ways. Its original name “Shin Shin Kaizen Usui Ryoho” translates as “the Usui Healing Method for Improving Body, Mind and Heart”.
In this class, you will learn the practice of Reiki for yourself and others. It will also help you start creating your own personal practice to bring more balance at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels, and live a life with greater presence, compassion and ease.
The class is an 8-hour certification training in the traditional Japanese approach to Reiki called “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. It combines lecture, discussion, demonstration and practice time. A manual and a certificate are included. No perquisite, just an open heart and mind. In this class you will learn:
- The history of Reiki, its origins and evolution
- What Reiki is and how to practice it
- The 5 foundational elements of the system of Reiki
- How the Japanese energy system works
- How to perform hands on healing for yourself and others
- Breathing meditations to strengthen and clear your energy
- The 5 precepts as guiding principles to live life in balance and harmony
- Reiju or spiritual blessings
Main Benefits for taking this class:
- Learn to relax
- Start to heal yourself and others on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels
- Connect more deeply with your own true nature
- Learn to live mindfully and heartfully
- Empower yourself and those around you
- Enhance your life through greater clarity and meaning
- Get an understanding of energy work and its benefits
- Learn tools and practices that will be available to you at any time during your life
- Become part of the Reiki community
On-going teacher/community support and follow-up class/practice are offered to those interested in deepening their experience with Reiki and integrating the practice further into their life.
For any questions, please contact the instructor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com
Student quote: “This class was exactly what I needed, and something I was looking forward to every week. Veronique’s style of teaching and sharing is loving, knowledgeable, and accessible. Reiki taught me about “holding space” and the importance of moment-by-moment presence and awareness. By the end of Level I I felt confident in practicing on myself, friends and family. I highly recommend it. Moreover, the environment at the Japanese Institute is calm, clean, and serene, perfect for learning.” – Laura B.
Veronique is a certified Reiki Teacher/Practitioner in the Japanese lineage “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. Originally from France, Veronique has been studying and practicing Reiki in various parts of the world and settings since 2008. Aside from her private practice, Veronique has worked and volunteered in a hospital, a cancer wellness center, yoga studios, and a senior living community. Veronique has been exploring both traditional and more contemporary approaches to the practice of Reiki. She has pursued these varied interests in the US as well as in Europe and Japan where Reiki originates from. Veronique believes in daily practice and continuing education. She is a professional member of the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), Shibumi Association/International House of Reiki (IHR) and the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). For more information, please visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com