REIKI LEVEL I – SHODEN
Reiki is a Japanese spiritual healing system that promotes overall balance and personal development. Developed in Japan in the 1920’s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different ways. Its original name ”Shin Shin Kaizen Usui Ryoho,” translates as “the Usui Healing Method for Improving Body, Mind and Heart”.
In this class, you will learn the practice of Reiki for yourself and others. It will help you find balance at all levels and live your life mindfully in harmony.
The class is an 8-hour certification training in the traditional Japanese approach to Reiki called “Usui Reiki Ryoho.” It combines lecture, discussion, demonstration, and practice time. A manual and a certificate are included. No perquisite, just an open heart and mind.
In this class you will learn:
– The history of Reiki, its origins and evolution
– What Reiki is and how to practice it
– The 5 fundamental elements of the system of Reiki
– How the Japanese energy system works
– How to perform hands-on healing for yourself and others
– Breathing meditations to strengthen and clear your energy
– The 5 precepts and how to integrate Reiki into your life to heal and grow
Main Benefits for taking this class:
– Learn to relax
– Start to heal yourself and others on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels
– Connect more deeply with your own true nature
– Learn to live mindfully and heartfully
– Empower yourself and those around you
– Enhance your life through greater clarity and meaning
– Get an understanding of energy work and its benefits
– Learn tools and practices that will be available to you at any time during your life
– Become part of the Reiki community
Follow-up class/practice is offered to those interested in deepening their experience with Reiki and integrating the practice further into their life.
CLASS SESSION DATES & TIMES:
There are four two-hour sessions meeting at The Japanese Culture Center 12pm-2pm Thursdays in April 2020 – 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, and 4/23
Veronique is a certified Reiki Teacher/Practitioner in the Japanese lineage “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. Originally from France, Veronique has been studying and practicing Reiki in various parts of the world and settings since 2008. Aside from her private practice, Veronique has worked and volunteered in a hospital, a cancer wellness center, yoga studios, and a senior living community. Veronique has been exploring both traditional and more contemporary approaches to the practice of Reiki. She has pursued these varied interests in the US as well as in Europe and Japan where Reiki originates from. Veronique believes in daily practice and continuing education. She is a professional member of the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), Shibumi Association/International House of Reiki (IHR) and the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). For more information, please visit her website http://www.moonstonesanctuary.com